Recipe by CountryLady
I got this from a major newspaper in Toronto, Canada years ago and being a "thrifty person", I've made it many times. Replace the coffee with liqueur syrups, such as apricot, cherry & creme de menthe for other flavours. Try to fool your friends!
Top Review by luv2fix
This is IT! I've made this for years but lost the recipe. This turns out really good but is even better after it ages. I make 2 batches so on can age longer while I keep sampling the other batch. Thanks so much.
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons camp instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (25 ounce) bottle grain alcohol
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sugar and water for at least 5 minutes.
- The longer you boil it, the thicker the liqueur will be-- but there will be a slight decrease in the amount.
- Add coffee and vanilla.
- If you can't find Camp's, use a very strong brand or an espresso type.
- Allow mixture to cool before adding alcohol.
- Pour into a glass container.