Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this from a major newspaper in Toronto, Canada years ago and being a "thrifty person", I've made it many times. Replace the coffee with liqueur syrups, such as apricot, cherry & creme de menthe for other flavours. Try to fool your friends!
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons camp instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (25 ounce) bottle grain alcohol
- Boil sugar and water for at least 5 minutes.
- The longer you boil it, the thicker the liqueur will be-- but there will be a slight decrease in the amount.
- Add coffee and vanilla.
- If you can't find Camp's, use a very strong brand or an espresso type.
- Allow mixture to cool before adding alcohol.
- Pour into a glass container.
This is IT! I've made this for years but lost the recipe. This turns out really good but is even better after it ages. I make 2 batches so on can age longer while I keep sampling the other batch. Thanks so much.