Recipe by Mr Ez Cook
This was one of the first recipes my grandmother taught me to make for my sister and brother during the week as latch key kids.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup (any brand)
- 1⁄3 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (can sub brown sugar)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fine chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped green pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Mix all ingredients into a pyrex dish or disposable tin cooking tray.
- Depending on your oven, cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Top of baked beans should darken and thicken when finished. Optional ingredients I have used in the past are sprinkling of pre cooked crunchy bacon pieces mixed in with ingredients. I have also found that adding a half dozen hot dogs semi-submerged in the beans go over well with my nieces and nephews who love the beans over minute rice or my easy made mashed potatos.