Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is a gift from my friend Gary.
Make and share this Cheap Energy Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick or instant)
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup mixed dried fruit or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- In work bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand blender), beat eggs until frothy. Add peanut butter, milk, honey and brown sugar and beat until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, oat bran, baking powder, table salt, coconut and dried fruit (or chocolate chips). Add 1/3 of the dry mixture to the bowl and blend on low until just combined. Add 1/2 the remaining dry mixture and repeat; then add the last dose of dry mixture and beat on low until just combined.
- Line a 9x13" baking pan with plastic wrap and spray thoroughly with non-stick cooking spray. Oil hands lightly. Transfer dough to baking pan and press out to form an even layer. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Transfer chilled dough to a greased baking sheet and remove the plastic. Bake in preheated 300°F oven for 20 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool and cut into 2" squares.