Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I first had this when I was a little girl when my Aunt Ann made it after a long day on the boat. No one felt like cooking--and she introduced us to this.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup white wine
- sliced tomatoes
- In large skillet, sauté onion in margarine.
- When onion is translucent, sprinkle flour in pan and let cook 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add milk and whisk.
- Take the pan off of the flame and add the wine.
- When sauce thickens, add tuna and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over toast with sliced tomatoes.
This was a little bland. I spiced it up by adding mushrooms when I sauteed the onions and frozen peas while the sauce was warming. I also added paprika, parsley, tumeric and onion powder. I thoought it was a great concept that just needed more kick. After I added my ingrediants I thought it was great!
Quick and easy with ingredients I always have on hand. A recipe that I know I will definately make again.