Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick & easy weeknight meal from the side of the Pioneer Baking Mix box.***ADOPTED***
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup baking mix (like Pioneer or Bisquick)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the ground beef and taco seasoning mix according to package directions.
- While meat is browning, mix baking mix, beans, green chilies and water.
- Spread bean mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Top with meat, salsa, then cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
This was very easy and quick meal tp prepare.This recipe will get sent to my daughter (college student)! She and Friends will love it!
I used mild salsa, and I strewed fresh chopped tomatos on top when it was done. DH and I and the dogs (they don't really care for Alpo) thought it was great. DD only likes fish. Easy and fast. I usually have everything on hand, too.
Moxie, this was wonderful, Daisy must not know how to cook. This was a nice treat to come home to and whip up in a hurry, If this is what Alpo dog food tastes like I am gonna start going to the dog food section of the store!!!