1/4 Photos of Cheap Cheddar Chicken Bake
1 hr 10 mins
I call this "cheap" because our supermarket has sales where you buy one package of chicken, you get one free! Sometimes I use a blend of brown rices, including japonica and wehani, but here I used a brown and wild-rice blend. You may have to adjust the cooking times a bit - they're approximate. We thought this was a nice stick-to-your ribs meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, Grated
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 2 1/4 cups water, Boiled
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets, Thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, Grated
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper and place in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- 2Sprinkle dry brown and wild rice around and between chicken breasts.
- 3Arrange broccoli florets around the chicken.
- 4Mix soup, boiled water, sherry, garlic and nutmeg in bowl, stirring until blended.
- 5Pour soup mixture over chicken and broccoli, making sure to cover all the rice in the liquid.
- 6Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 7Take baking dish out, remove cover, and place cheese on top.
- 8Put back in oven and cook for 15 minutes longer, or until the cheese is completely melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheap Cheddar Chicken Bake
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 792.7
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 139.9 mg
- Sodium 1455.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 50.4 g