I call this "cheap" because our supermarket has sales where you buy one package of chicken, you get one free! Sometimes I use a blend of brown rices, including japonica and wehani, but here I used a brown and wild-rice blend. You may have to adjust the cooking times a bit - they're approximate. We thought this was a nice stick-to-your ribs meal!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, Grated
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups water, Boiled
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets, Thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, Grated
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper and place in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle dry brown and wild rice around and between chicken breasts.
- Arrange broccoli florets around the chicken.
- Mix soup, boiled water, sherry, garlic and nutmeg in bowl, stirring until blended.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken and broccoli, making sure to cover all the rice in the liquid.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Take baking dish out, remove cover, and place cheese on top.
- Put back in oven and cook for 15 minutes longer, or until the cheese is completely melted.