Recipe by MommaEllen
In my never-ending quest to fill up my family cheaply, I borrowed this recipe from a friend and made it my own.We use rotini noodles, but often change to a different shaped noodle just to make supper more interesting. I serve the meat mixture over the noodles to make this go farther. You can also use turkey burger instead of the beef hamburger.
Top Review by Deb's Recipes
This was a very easy quick-fix supper. Like another reviewer I used canned mushrooms instead of peas, and like you, I served the stroganoff over rotini pasta. Thanks for a nice simple supper. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 16 ounces pasta noodles, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles following the package directions and drain.
- Saute the onions slightly, add hamburger and cook thoroughly.
- Drain the hamburger.
- Add the soup, garlic powder,salt and pepper and heat thoroughly on low heat.
- Fold in sour cream and optional peas and heat for another 5 minutes.
- Serve over pasta noodles and enjoy!