Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I came across his adaptation of a classic whilst I was a student, and still love to make this dish. Sometimes for a change I add other veg such as diced carrots/courgettes etc at the same time I would add the mushrooms.
- 500 g minced beef (can be swapped for tofu or quorn)
- 300 g sliced mushrooms (6 large mushrooms)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 200 ml water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450 g cooked rice
- Fry off the onions in the olive oil.
- Add the mince and mushrooms, cook for 10 mins or til meat has browned.
- Add the tin of soup, water, mustard and paprika. Allow to simmer for 30mins, stirring occasionally. (dont forget to start cooking the rice after about 15 mins).
- Plate up the rice and make a well to serve the stroganoff inches.