Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
This was one of my single mom dishes that I made when I got my first apartment. It's super easy and super cheap and my son loves it. It's from the cookbook to end all cookbooks - Favorite Brand Names Cookbook.
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package cheese sauce mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen vegetables, combo (brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, thawed and drained)
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 lb unbreaded fish fillet, thawed if frozen
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In small saucepan, prepare cheese sauce mix according to package directions using 1 1/3 cups milk.
- In 8x12" baking dish, combine vegetables and 1/2 can french fried onions.
- Top with fish fillets.
- Pour cheese sauce over fish and vegetables.
- Bake, covered, at 375 for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Top fish with Cheddar cheese and remaining onions; bake, uncovered, 3 minutes or until onions are golden brown.