1/2 Photos of Cheap and Easy Bread Pudding
1 hr 5 mins
Secret Agent's Note:
This is a great way to use up leftover Great Big Poufy Buns - I had three of them left over from the week and trimmed them up, cubed them and made a basic bread pudding recipe. I took it out of the oven as DH was leaving for work and he hung around while I packed it up for him. The whole house smells great! Switch up the ingredients to what your family likes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a 7 x 11" baking dish.
- 2Trim the dark crust tops off of the rolls and cut them into large cubes, about 1 1/2 inches.
- 3Mix custard ingredients well and pour over the cubed rolls. Dot with butter Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight until custard soaks into the stale Great Big Poufy Buns.
- 4Remove the pudding from the fridge and let it come to room temperature and then preheat the oven to 350*
- 5Leave the plastic wrap on and then cover tightly with foil. Set into a hot water bath and bake covered for 40 minutes. Remove foil and plastic wrap and continue baking another 15 - 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 6Variations include orange zest, almond extract, citron, currants, what you like.
- 7We like it plain but you can add a rum sauce at serving time if you like.
- 8Easy, plain and yummy.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheap and Easy Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 172.9 mg
- Sodium 266.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g