Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
What can I say? Who doesn’t like a great Bloody Mary? This one uses green pepper from the garden to make it healthy (haha) and ponzu lime citrus for the lime. Spicy V8 and Bloody Mary mix make this drink downright dirty! Garnished with leafy celery and lemon slices make this one pretty cocktail. Party on! (This recipe makes 4 drinks; it serves 4 people or one person who’s very happy) If you really like a kick, add 1 T. prepared horseradish to the blender. Super-spicy!
- 113.39 g vodka
- 155.92 g can spicy hot V8
- 7.39 ml ponzu sauce (lime citrus dressing and sauce)
- 0 small green bell pepper
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- 0.25 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 680.38 g bloody mary mix
- 14.79 ml ketchup
- 0.25 ml hot sauce, if desired
- 1 lemon
- If desired, salt the rims of 4 glasses, run a lime around the rim and dip each glass in salt (if you don’t enjoy so much salt, serve it naked).
- Grind oregano and celery seed in food processor or blender. Add ¼ small green pepper and pulse until mushy and blended.
- Add lime sauce, salt, pepper, Bloody Mary mix, V8, ketchup and a dash of hot sauce (if desired). Blend well.
- Add ice to 4 glasses. Pour 1 shot of vodka in each. Pour Bloody Mary mixture over and stir with a stalk of leafy celery. Cut lemon into slices. Garnish with leafy celery and a lemon slice. So good!
Good, but a bit too spicy for me! LOL! Congrats on you football win!
Oh yeah. I'll have another. Zingy - perky - perfect. Who'd have thought?
Wow! Talk about zingy! At first I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out, but it turned out really well. I didn't find any of the ingredients overpowering, although I'm kind of glad that the vodka wasn't too strong, in this drink.