Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian.
- cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chayotes, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper
- Spray small skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium until hot.
- Cook pumpkin seeds until they are toasted and begin to pop, 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and saute onions and garlic until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add squash and cook over medium until squash is crisp-tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon squash into serving bowl. Sprinkle with reserved pumpkin seeds.