1/2 Photos of Chayote With Cheese (Stuffed & Baked)
Barb Gertz's Note:
A Chayote dish to add variety to your meal. Note:When I made this I also added some garlic powder along with the salt & pepper. I used mexican blend cheese for the cheese, It was delicious. When boiling the chayote be sure to cook it until really tender so that is is easy to scoop out of the shell. Note: I have found that most of the time the Chayote takes longer to cook than 15 minutes because of size or age.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chayotes in half, place in boiling salted water and cook until tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- 2Scoop out the pulp and reserve the shells.
- 3Chop the pulp and drain.
- 4Mince the onion and slowly fry in butter or olive oil until transparent.
- 5Add the pulp of the chayote and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- 6Add the 2 beaten eggs over the mixture and cook over low heat for a few minutes, mixing well until done.
- 7Stuff the chayote shells and top with grated cheese.
- 8Place in hot oven, 400 degrees until cheese is melted & golden.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chayote With Cheese (Stuffed & Baked)
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 46.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g