Recipe by LambAround
I decided to try a chayote after seeing them on sale at my grocery store for only $0.50 each. I had no idea what to do with it and decided to cook it with another ingredient I never know what to do with, cauliflower. For a recipe I just made up, everything turned out really great! For more photos, check out this recipe on my blog at http://lambaround.blogspot.com
- 1 chayote, cut into bite-size pieces, none more than 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 1⁄8 cup sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a large pan, preferably a wok with a lid.
- Saute onion.
- Add chayote and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle generously with italian seasoning. Stir.
- Add water and cover pan with lid. Reduce heat.
- Let sit 10 minutes, stir, then let sit another 10 minutes.
- Add curry powder and sherry.
- Cover and let sit another 10 minutes, or until chayote is tender.