Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from The South Beach Diet Cookbook. Simple and fresh.
Top Review by lazyme
Good salad. This was the first time that I have ever tried chayote so I used 1/2 squash for one serving. It was mild so the other ingredients kicked it up nicely. After reading the other reviews, I julienned mine which worked well. Thanks mersaydees for a nice salad. Made for ZWT8 - Mexico/Tex Mex.
- 3 chayotes, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small lemon, juiced and strained
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)