Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is perfect for Sunday brunch or a unique dinner! Creamy fresh goat cheese with spinach, a slight undertone of nutmeg and a flaky crust is just a perfect. Enjoy!
- 151.10 g packagechavrie goat cheese
- 4 eggs
- 170.09 g heavy cream or 170.09 g alouette creme fraiche
- 170.09 g half-and-half
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 9 inch pie crusts, pre-baked
- 340.19 g package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- Blend Chavrie with eggs and mix well.
- Add cream and half and half to make custard and season with salt, pepper, cayenne and nutmeg.
- Scatter the spinach evenly over the bottom of the pre-baked piecrust.
- Pour custard into the shell stirring with a fork to evenly distribute the spinach.
- Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes, until a knife blade inserted into it comes out clean.
- Let rest and serve warm.
- Substitute Spinach with 12 oz. fresh diced asparagus.
I liked this a lot - although I will say that 4 ounces of the heavy cream and half-n-half would have been enough. My husband had seconds and thirds - so he must have liked it too! Thanks for posting this excellent recipe!