Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Gourmet Game Day!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Spanish onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper (chopped)
- 8 ounces picked lump crabmeat
- 1 (4 ounce) packagechavrie goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley (chopped)
- 7 ounces corn (drained)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen pie dough (thawed)
- Filling: In a sauté pan on medium, heat olive oil and sauté onion, garlic, jalapeño, and red pepper. Set aside to chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Mix sautéed vegetables with the crabmeat mixture and place in the refrigerator.
- Lay thawed pie dough on a lightly floured flat surface cut 3 inch circle.
- To assemble, spoon about 1/2 to 3/4 tablespoons of the filling in the center of each empanada dough rounds.
- Fold over to form a half-moon pie shape and crimp the edges to seal.
- Place finished empanadas in the refrigerator on sheet tray. Fry in 3 inches of vegetable oil until golden brown or for a healthier version, bake in the oven.