1/1 Photo of Chavrie Caramelized Red Onion Tarts
Corrinne J's Note:
These bite-sized appetizers are perfect for entertaining or a really good snack! The tang of the fresh goat cheese and the sweetness of the red onion and jam creates a sweet and savory pop of flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil and butter over medium heat in heavy gauge skillet.
- 2Add minced onions and cook until translucent about 10 minutes.
- 3Add sugar, jelly and vinegar and cook to a syrupy consistency (15 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- 5Place tart shells on baking tray, spoon 1 Tbs. of caramelized onion in each tart shell, spread Chavrie® evenly on top of each tart.
- 6Before serving heat in a 350 F oven bake until slightly brown on edges (approximately 8-12 minutes) or brown under a broiler for 3-4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chavrie Caramelized Red Onion Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 66.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: