Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These bite-sized appetizers are perfect for entertaining or a really good snack! The tang of the fresh goat cheese and the sweetness of the red onion and jam creates a sweet and savory pop of flavor!
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) packagechavrie goat cheese
- 2 medium red onions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red currant jelly or 1 tablespoon grape jelly
- 12 tart shells
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat in heavy gauge skillet.
- Add minced onions and cook until translucent about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, jelly and vinegar and cook to a syrupy consistency (15 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place tart shells on baking tray, spoon 1 Tbs. of caramelized onion in each tart shell, spread Chavrie® evenly on top of each tart.
- Before serving heat in a 350 F oven bake until slightly brown on edges (approximately 8-12 minutes) or brown under a broiler for 3-4 minutes.