- 6 peeled potatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate potatoes in the food processor.
- If you can grate with a large hole, use the largest.
- Grate onion.
- Place in large bowl.
- Add eggs, Beat them first.
- Add rest of ingredients including oil.
- Mix well.
- Place in a greased, large pan in a thin layer.
- Bake at 375 till brown and crispy.
- For extra crunchy kugel, add about 2 extra tablespoons of oil to the pan and place the pan in the oven to heat the oil, then put in the kugel.