Recipe by Elmotoo
AKA Brandied Strawberry Lime Clafouti This is an incredibly easy yet absolutely elegant dessert. I reworked several basic recipes then gussied it up especially for RSC #11.
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing pan
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 key lime, zested & juiced
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled & quartered (about 20 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8x8 or similar sized pan with butter.
- Quarter the berries, and distribute them evenly in prepared pan.
- Combine the flour, salt & cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Whisk the sugar, vanilla, eggs, zest and juice of 1 key lime, milk and brandy in large bowl until light and frothy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet; whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Pour the batter over the berries, and place the dish on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes, until just set. Cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle the confectioners' sugar on top of the clafouti, and serve it at room temperature.