Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
AKA Brandied Strawberry Lime Clafouti This is an incredibly easy yet absolutely elegant dessert. I reworked several basic recipes then gussied it up especially for RSC #11.
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing pan
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 key lime, zested & juiced
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled & quartered (about 20 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8x8 or similar sized pan with butter.
- Quarter the berries, and distribute them evenly in prepared pan.
- Combine the flour, salt & cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Whisk the sugar, vanilla, eggs, zest and juice of 1 key lime, milk and brandy in large bowl until light and frothy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet; whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Pour the batter over the berries, and place the dish on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes, until just set. Cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle the confectioners' sugar on top of the clafouti, and serve it at room temperature.
this was a really nice change of pace for us! Fruity dessert that was not so sweet it gave you a headache. Wonderful clafouti! Good luck!
:) This tasted pretty good and was very simple to make! I think the lime and brandy flavors were a little subtle though. Clafoutis is completely new to us thanks for posting! :) Good luck in the contest!
Nice and fruity. Not at all over-sweet like so many desserts. But the texture was very strange â€“ neither cake nor custard but rather somewhat custard-like on top and sludgy with flour on the bottom.