Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pronounced Shaw-nay-nay's. Best friend told me this recipe and my husband can't get enough of it...neither can the rest of my friends and family. Personally, I like to try new marinades, but I have to make this one often because of the requests! I have only used Sweet Baby Ray's regular BBq Sauce, and usually I have Kraft zesty or homemade italian dressing. Hope your family doesn't like it as much as mine...then you'll barely get to make anything else...and if you do, they'll complain that you didn't make the one with the BBq and the Italian dressing...it's ridiculous.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. I only use boneless skinless breasts and I cut them into strips, about 2 inches or so wide. Big enough so they won't fall through the grates on my grill! But we don't like full breasts -- hahaha.
- Mix equal parts Italian dressing and BBq sauce in a gallon ziploc baggie. You have to be the judge of how much marinade you need by how much chicken you are going to make. Start on the small side with the marinade, and increase to accomodate all your chicken pieces. Just use an equal amount of barbeque and Italian & you'll be good.
- Add chicken, and toss to coat.
- Marinate in fridge.
- Grill & enjoy!
- This recipe is forgiving in that if you don't have hours and hours to marinate the meat, it will still come out with a nice flavor, if you cut it into strips. If you don't it will not be as I am describing.
- You could also prepare in oven at 375 degrees until juices run clear, but only do that if you run out of gas on your grill:).
This was quick, easy, and pretty tasty. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts (because that is generally the only chicken I care for). The marinade penetrated very nicely . Even though I did not barbecue my chicken, I still got a good deal of flavor. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2011.
Good but I'm not sure one flavor truly enhanced the other. I like BBQ chicken and I like chicken in Italian dressing-didn't taste the point in using both.
This is different and interesting but not my favorite combination of flavors. Made last night with a balsamic bbq sauce which may be the problem.