Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This a a rather thick spread, you may want to add a little milk to thin out, but it's really good. I've been making this for several years.
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 6 slices bacon, crumbled
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- combine cheddar cheese and cream cheese, mixing until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill, serve with assorted crackers.
Absolutely wonderful spread you have here! I followed your recipe right on down (well, almost anyway, since I did substitute 3 generous tablespoons of Hormel's Real Bacon Bits for the crumbled bacon), & we thoroughly enjoyed the combo of pineapple & cheese! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for the closing of Pick A Chef event]
This was okay but I just couldn't get past the pineapple. It just threw the whole thing off, and I wanted to like it so much.