2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A delicious french inspired Tenderloin Beef dish that pairs well with potatoes dauphine and candied carrots. Serve with white or Rose wine to really taste the divinely inspired combinations of tastes. About 2 hrs prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Preheat the oven to 375°F Melt the butter and olive oil together in a large skillet set over medium-high heat until the mixture turns a bit cloudy and bubbly. Season the beef with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Place the meat in the pan and do not move it at all for at least 3 minutes. Using tongs, carefully turn the tenderloin on its side and brown it for 3 minutes. Repeat the same browning process on all exposed surfaces of the meat.
- 4Place the tenderloin onto a rack in a roasting pan in the oven. Roast the beef 15 minutes for medium-rare, 20 minutes for medium, and 23 minutes for medium-well. Transfer the chateaubriand to a warmed serving platter, lightly tent it with a single layer of foil, and allow it to rest, untouched, for 15 minutes.
- 5While the tenderloin is resting, make the wine sauce. Sauté the chopped shallots in the leftover pan juices in the skillet. Once the shallots are softened and translucent. Pour the wine into the skillet and bring the sauce to a boil, scraping up all the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- 6Continue boiling the sauce until it reduces by half. Add the demi-glace to the sauce and continue boiling the mixture until it becomes slightly thickened. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the tarragon and softened butter.
- 7Serve the Chateaubriand, sliced on the diagonal, with the wine sauce and "Potatoes Dauphine" and vegtables on a medium server and cut tenderloin at the table. Also works Very well with fresh home made Bernaise sauce if Demiglace is not to your flavour.
Nutritional Facts for Chateaux Briand
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.7
- Calories from Fat 648
- Total Fat 72.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 238.5 mg
- Sodium 270.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 45.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: