In response to a discussion forum request
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the beef with the vegetable oil and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Let the beef rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 3Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Quickly sear the meat about 5 seconds on each side, then remove from skillet.
- 5Melt and brown the butter in the skillet.
- 6Return the meat to the skillet, and fry 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- 7The outside of the meat should be browned and crisp.
- 8Remove from the skillet and let stand for about 5 minutes for the juices to settle.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chateaubriand for 2
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.2
- Calories from Fat 706
- Total Fat 78.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 191.5 mg
- Sodium 190.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 40.4 g