Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
In response to a discussion forum request
- 2 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Rub the beef with the vegetable oil and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Let the beef rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Quickly sear the meat about 5 seconds on each side, then remove from skillet.
- Melt and brown the butter in the skillet.
- Return the meat to the skillet, and fry 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- The outside of the meat should be browned and crisp.
- Remove from the skillet and let stand for about 5 minutes for the juices to settle.
Tried this recipe last night. It was very easy and good. If I made ait again I would probally cook a couple minutes more each side as it was extremely rare.