Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Rutherford Hills wines, this is their Fancy steak sauce recipe. They suggest serving over whole roasted beef sirloin. I have yet to try it but sounds rather nice.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms, diced
- 6 shallots, minced
- 12 ounces red wine
- 6 tablespoons brandy
- 4 cups veal demi-glace
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add shallots and mushrooms, saute until butter is absorbed.
- Add red wine and bring to a boil, then simmer until reduced, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add brandy and flame.
- Add veal demi-glace and bring to a light simmer.
- Add parsley and tomatoes to finish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
You are total heathens when it comes to cooking. Chasseur sauce has neither red wine nor brandy in it. It is a "red wine sauce" (demi glace) made with white wine. If you are going to put red wine and brandy in it then please callm it something else as your recipe is an abomination of a Chasseur sauce.