lynnski / LA's Note:
A popular salad from Chasen's Restaurant. Recipe from the Los Angeles Central Library's collection of old menus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 bunches fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped bacon, cooked crisp
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1Start by making the dressing, in a shaker (such as a jar) dissolve the sugar, salt, pepper and English mustard in vinegar.
- 2Add in oils, lemon juice, Worcestershire, garlic, Tabasco and white pepper.
- 3Cover and shake jar vigorously.
- 4Set the jar aside or chill until needed.
- 5For the salad, remove stems and wash spinach leaves in several changes of water until there is no trace of sand, dry well.
- 6Clean mushrooms and cut off stems, thinly slice mushrooms.
- 7Combine the red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce with the French dressing in a cup.
- 8Place the spinach in a large bowl, tear the large leaves into smaller pieces.
- 9Add the mushrooms, dressing and bacon.
- 10Toss to mix, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- 11Serve on chilled plates.
- 12Serve with Chasen's cheese toast.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chasen's Spinach Salad With French Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.2
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 695.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g