Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this on the web a long time ago. Putting it here for safekeeping.
- 340.19 g canned kidney beans
- 118.29 ml water
- 2 (822.13 g) can tomatoes
- 453.59 g green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 680.38 g onions, chopped
- 22.18 ml vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 118.29 ml butter (1 stick)
- 1133.98 g lean ground beef
- 453.59 g ground pork
- 78.07 ml chili powder (2 more)
- 9.85 ml salt (to taste)
- 7.39 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- Place beans in a large pot with 1/2 cup water.
- Add more water as needed.
- Add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes. Heat oil in large skillet and sauté green peppers slowly 5 minutes. Add onions and cook until tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic and parsley. In a second large skillet, melt butter and sauté beef and pork 15 minutes.
- Add meat to onion mixture, stir in chili powder and cook 10 minutes. Add meat mixture to beans in large pot. Season with salt, pepper and cumin. Simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- Remove cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Skim fat off top.
- NOTE: This chili freezes very well.