Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This very simple dessert had been served at the famous Chasen's Restaurant which closed in 1995. The recipe is from the Los Angeles Public Library, Archive of Old Menus.
- 473.19 ml vanilla ice cream
- 59.16 ml shredded coconut, toasted
- 118.29 ml chocolate syrup, hershey's
- 19.71 ml anisette
- Place a scoop of ice cream in each of four dishes.
- Sprinkle each with toasted coconut.
- Serve with hershey's chocolate syrup on the side, let each guest spoon on their own syrup.
- For the Coupe Alexander, anisette is substituted for the chocolate syrup, drizzle 1 teaspoon of liqueur over each serving.
Simple ingredients, combined to enhance their flavors and texture.