lynnski / LA's Note:
This very simple dessert had been served at the famous Chasen's Restaurant which closed in 1995. The recipe is from the Los Angeles Public Library, Archive of Old Menus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup, hershey's
- 4 teaspoons anisette
- 1Place a scoop of ice cream in each of four dishes.
- 2Sprinkle each with toasted coconut.
- 3Serve with hershey's chocolate syrup on the side, let each guest spoon on their own syrup.
- 4For the Coupe Alexander, anisette is substituted for the chocolate syrup, drizzle 1 teaspoon of liqueur over each serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chasen's Coupe Snowball Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: