Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This cheese toast is especially good with Chasen's spinach salad. Recipe from the Los Angeles Central Library's, Archive of Old Menus.
- 1 loaf french sourdough bread, unsliced
- 236.59 ml melted butter
- 473.18 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cut the loaf into 1/4 inch slices and arrange slices on a broiler pan.
- Toast one side until golden.
- Remove from broiler and spread untoasted side with butter, and coat buttered side heavily with parmesan cheese.
- Place breads, cheese side up, under broiler.
- Broil until lightly browned. serve hot.