- 1⁄2 pint strawberry (about 7 large or enough to fill a glass 2 cup measurer)
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into a sifter and sift into a bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, puree strawberries and milks.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream butter.
- While the butter is mixing, add sugar until combined.
- Add oil.
- Slowly add each egg to butter mixture on low speed.
- Slowly add in a 1/4 the flour mix - keep the mixer going then add a 1/4 the strawberry-milk. Keep mixing, then add another 1/4 of each again at different times, keep mixing and keep repeating until you have used up both the flour mix and strawberry-milk (start with flour, and end with flour).
- Add vanilla extract until combined.
- Evenly distribute the cake batter into baking pans. (I used oval pans 7-3/4 x 5-5/8", 9 x 6-1/2", and 10-3/4 x 7-7/8").
- Once the oven has been preheat, bake the cakes for 40 minutes or until done.