Recipe by Teresa Johnson
This is a delicious recipe I found on the Internet.
Top Review by RoxiGirl
This as a great alternative to the more Italian style stuffed peppers. I used Chorizo for the sausage and put a little pepper jack cheese on top. Very delicious! This also made so much, I was able to make two pans and save one back for another day.
- 6 -10 large bell peppers, washed, topped, and cleaned
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 24 -32 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- cajun seasoning
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and ground sausage, drain grease.
- Add seasonings, veggies, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Simmer till veggies are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook rice and set aside.
- When meat sauce is done, skim the top of about two cups of tomato gravy and put aside.
- Add rice in a little at a time to ensure mixture.
- Stuff peppers and place in large baking dish.
- Cover with reserved gravy.
- Bake at 350 for approximately an hour -- or till tops are nice and brown and peppers are tender.