Recipe by CharJoyLet
This was created on one of those nights when I wasn't awfully hungry, but had to cook dinner anyway. Since I was pretty unmotivated to start with, I was very surprised that this came out as well as it did. I tend to cook by sight and taste so these measurements are my best guesstimates. See what you think!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs stewing beef
- 4 -5 scallions, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 -3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscondensed broccoli cheese soup
- 16 ounces orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the Canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the Beef, Scallions, Onion Powder and Pepper.
- Add the Oregano, crushing it between your hands as you add it.
- Stir all together and saute until Beef has browned.
- Reduce heat to Medium and add the cans of soup.
- SLOWLY add milk, stirring well.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- While it is simmering, cook the Orzo according to package directions.
- Serve the Beef Mixture over the Orzo.
- Goes well with either Vienna or Sourdough bread.