1/2 Photos of Charred Tomato Salsa
The caramelized tomatoes and tequila really give great flavor to this. Use as little or as much jalapeño as to suit your tastes. You can use the grill instead of the broiler to char the tomatoes if desired. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack about 6 inches from broiler and preheat.
- 2In a shallow pan, char the tomatoes, turning once, until blackened and soft (about 20 minutes total) and cool.
- 3Core the tomatoes but do not peel, and chop coarsely.
- 4In a food processor, pulse together the tomatoes with any juice, the onion, garlic, tequila, lime juice, pepper and salt to desired smoothness.
- 5Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- 6Chill until ready to serve.
- 7Stir in cilantro just before serving.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charred Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.3
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 890.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: