Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious and easy weekday meal. A little bit spicy, but you can adjust the seasonings to your taste. I have been making this about once a week since I discovered it! The recipe was from the Alsaka seafood fishery- published in an advertisement.
- belnd all ingredients for Dry Sugar Rub.
- Generously coat ONLY one side of each skinnless fillet with rub.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan over high heat.
- Carefully place salmon in pan- seasoned side down.
- Cook 2 minutes to sear, then turn over fillets.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking 6-8 minutes until just opaque throughout.
Fantastic! This has become a firm favourite of ours and I always play around with quantities of spices to give slightly different results. One tip: Don't leave it on the griddle whilst answering the telephone, I nearly burnt the house down!! :o)
This is pretty simple and quite good. I wish there was a way to get the seasoning on both sides without it burning, though. I think next time I make this I will add more spice to it to give it a bigger kick. Thanks for the great recipe MSMD3
This has been our go to salmon recipe for a few years now. Absolutely love the way the sugar blackens while cooking and how wonderful the spices bring out the flavor in the samon. Thanks for postin!