Recipe by aronsinvest
A wonderful tasty salad that is easy to prepare. Can be made for a party or just an easy week night salad. Came off a blog site.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
For Pickled Radishes
- 1 bunch radish
- 1 shallot
- 158.51 ml water
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Start with radishes. After washing and trimming leaves/tails, slice very thin.
- Slice shallots thin and put radishes and shallots in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan stir together water, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Heat until boils then remove from heat.
- Put vinegar mixture into bowl with radishes and shallots. Stir and set in fridge until ready to use.
- For the dressing, mix together buttermilk, sour cream, 1 Tbsp vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse lettuce. Cut head into half lengthwise.
- Brush with vegetable oil.
- Grill for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove radishes from fridges and drain liquid from the bowl.
- Rough chop the lettuce and spread on a platter. Top with radish mixture and drizzle dressing over top.