A wonderful tasty salad that is easy to prepare. Can be made for a party or just an easy week night salad. Came off a blog site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
For Pickled Radishes
- 1Start with radishes. After washing and trimming leaves/tails, slice very thin.
- 2Slice shallots thin and put radishes and shallots in a bowl.
- 3In a small saucepan stir together water, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- 4Heat until boils then remove from heat.
- 5Put vinegar mixture into bowl with radishes and shallots. Stir and set in fridge until ready to use.
- 6For the dressing, mix together buttermilk, sour cream, 1 Tbsp vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Rinse lettuce. Cut head into half lengthwise.
- 8Brush with vegetable oil.
- 9Grill for about 2 minutes on each side.
- 10Remove radishes from fridges and drain liquid from the bowl.
- 11Rough chop the lettuce and spread on a platter. Top with radish mixture and drizzle dressing over top.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charred Romaine Salad With Pickled Radishes
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.0 mg
- Sodium 1210.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g