Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious topping for burgers, grilled mushroom and baked potatoes Source: The Vegetarian Gourmet by Andrea Chessman
- 453.59 g onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced (optional)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill with a vegetable grill rack in place.
- Toss onions and garlic (if using) with olive oil.
- Grill onions and garlic, tossing frequently, until slightly charred (about 10 minutes).
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve hot.
Greatest part of a simple bbq meal - love these! I used the leftovers in a salad - so good - I'd cook them just for that purpose again.
I love grilled onions and these were exceptionally good!!! Great with any BBQ meal! Made for ZWT!
So easy, just pop them on the grill beside whatever your grilling and there you have it, yummy onions. They were perfect toppers for grilled steak.