Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
By Mission Foods on All Recipes. Prep time does not include marinating time. Substitute chicken in place of flank steak for a non-red meat variation. Drizzle with your favorite salsa and sour cream if desired.
- 4 corn tortillas or 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup heirloom tomato, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 4 bibb lettuce
- salt and black pepper, as needed
- 1 cup corn, fresh cut from cob or 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, cut into strips
- 1.Combine garlic, jalapeno, cumin, cilantro, lime juice, sugar and oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combine and transfer to a plastic gallon-size zip top bag, add flank steak and marinate under refrigeration for 1 to 4 hours.
- 2.Assemble tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce leaves on a platter.
- 3.Preheat grill to medium-high heat and place 8-inch cast iron pan on directly on the grill or over side burner set to medium-high heat.
- 4.Remove steak from marinade, pat dry and season with salt and pepper as desired. Grill steak for 6 to 8 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Remove and allow steak to rest 5 minutes before slicing into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- 5.Meanwhile, coat preheated cast iron pan with non-stick spray. Add corn, red onion, and poblano peppers; saute for 6 to 8 minutes or until corn has nice char marks and peppers are tender crisp. At the same time, coat Mission® Artisan® Tortillas with non-stick spray and grill on each side no more than 30 seconds.
- 6.Immediately place sliced steak on top of corn mixture in cast iron pan and serve sizzling hot.
Very good! The flank steak was tender and juicy, and I really liked the addition of charred corn. I don't much care for fajitas, so I made 6 mini burritos instead. I also used pico de gallo instead of heirloom tomatoes. I cooked everything on the stove and in the broiler because I don't have a grill, but it worked well for me. [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]