Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
By Mission Foods on All Recipes. Prep time does not include marinating time. Substitute chicken in place of flank steak for a non-red meat variation. Drizzle with your favorite salsa and sour cream if desired.
- 4 corn tortillas or 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup heirloom tomato, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 4 bibb lettuce
- salt and black pepper, as needed
- 1 cup corn, fresh cut from cob or 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, cut into strips
- 1.Combine garlic, jalapeno, cumin, cilantro, lime juice, sugar and oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combine and transfer to a plastic gallon-size zip top bag, add flank steak and marinate under refrigeration for 1 to 4 hours.
- 2.Assemble tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce leaves on a platter.
- 3.Preheat grill to medium-high heat and place 8-inch cast iron pan on directly on the grill or over side burner set to medium-high heat.
- 4.Remove steak from marinade, pat dry and season with salt and pepper as desired. Grill steak for 6 to 8 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Remove and allow steak to rest 5 minutes before slicing into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- 5.Meanwhile, coat preheated cast iron pan with non-stick spray. Add corn, red onion, and poblano peppers; saute for 6 to 8 minutes or until corn has nice char marks and peppers are tender crisp. At the same time, coat Mission® Artisan® Tortillas with non-stick spray and grill on each side no more than 30 seconds.
- 6.Immediately place sliced steak on top of corn mixture in cast iron pan and serve sizzling hot.
Very good! The flank steak was tender and juicy, and I really liked the addition of charred corn. I don't much care for fajitas, so I made 6 mini burritos instead. I also used pico de gallo instead of heirloom tomatoes. I cooked everything on the stove and in the broiler because I don't have a grill, but it worked well for me. [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]