Recipe by huberville
A freshing, lemony, nutty, salty side dish that will impress even broccoli skeptics! Source: Food Network Magazine Dec 20113-
- 1 head broccoli
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut head of broccoli into florets. Peel the stem, shave into ribbons, and soak in ice water.
- Heat 21/2 T olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the broccoli florets; cook, stirring occassionally, until charred, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add capers to the skillet, cook 30 seconds, then add the broccoli. Drain the shaved broccoli stem; add to the bowl with the florets and toss with lemon juice and remaining 1 T olive oil, parsley, parmesan. Add salt & pepper to taste.