1/5 Photos of Charred Beef Medallions With Poblano Margarita Sauce
Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
I posted this for someone on the Mexican food thread and decided to save it to my cookbook. I haven't tried it but can't wait to. It sounds really yum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch thick medallions
- salt and pepper
- 1 small vidalia onion, cut into a medium dice
- 2 poblano peppers, washed, seeded and cut into a medium dice
- 1 tablespoon toasted and ground cumin
- 2 ounces gold tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Heat the olive oil and butter in a saute pan over medium heat, season the beef medallions with salt and pepper, and add to the hot pan. Turn the heat up to high and char both sides of the beef well. To keep the beef rare to medium rare, cook quickly, turning once only after the beef has browned on the first side. Remove the beef from the pan, place on a warm platter, and set aside.
- 2Add the diced onions and poblano peppers to the saute pan, evenly spread out and cook till wilted. Add the cumin and combine well to toast the spice again. Working carefully away from the flame, add the tequila to the pan, deglaze the pan by swirling the tequila and set back over low heat to reduce.
- 3Add the lime juice and reduce to almost dry before adding the beef stock. Reduce the stock by half over high heat and add the Grand Marnier and fresh orange zest. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the heavy cream. Do not allow to boil but gently simmer for 2 minutes before adding the salt and pepper.
- 4Serve the beef on a bed of sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charred Beef Medallions With Poblano Margarita Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.2
- Calories from Fat 476
- Total Fat 52.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 194.5 mg
- Sodium 605.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 45.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: