1/1 Photo of Charquican- Chilean Stew
1 hr 25 mins
Kitchen Witch Steph's Note:
A hearty Chilean stew that hold a lot of versatility. A good use for leftover meat and for using whatever vegetable you have on hand. Found this on About.com. Have yet to try. Chili pepper amount will very depending on the type of pepper you use and how spicy you like it. Posted for ZWT4, South America.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb meat (anything left over is good, ground roasted best)
- 2 ears corn, cut off cob and very finely ground
- 1 lb assorted fresh vegetable
- 2 tablespoons lard (or vegetable oil)
- 2 cups broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- chili pepper (of your choice or cayenne pepper)
- 8 potatoes, cut into rough chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 -6 eggs (1 egg per serving)
- 1First, fry meat in lard or oil with the onion, corn, chile peppers, salt and oregano.
- 2When the onion is soft, add the potatoes, vegetables and broth.
- 3Let simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- 4Serve with a fried egg on top of each serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charquican- Chilean Stew
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 217.9 mg
- Sodium 785.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
assorted fresh vegetables