Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Charoset is served at the Passover seder. This recipe is from the "Cucina Ebraica" cookbook. Times are guesstimates.
- 1 cup chestnut puree
- 1⁄2 lb dates, pitted
- 1⁄2 lb dried fig, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup sweet passover wine
- honey, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process/chop to a coarse paste.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Serve at room temperature.