Fusion of Chinese and Mexican food (CHEXICAN!)...great little appetizer served with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole!!
- Brown ground beef in large frying pan. Drain any grease.
- Add taco seasoning and salsa. Mix well. Add water as needed to dissolve seasoning and get the right consistency.
- Add refried beans and green chiles. Mix well, and heat through; 3 or 4 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- To assemble:
- Place 1 teaspoon meat and bean mixture in center of won ton wrapper. Add small amount of cheese.
- Place wrapper with one point facing you. Wet the two edges closest to you with water.
- Fold over the far corner to the corner facing you, making a triangle. Press edges to seal.
- Continue with all wontons, keeping them covered with damp towel while you work.
- Heat oil in skillet until very hot. Add wontons a few at a time (do not crowd the skillet). Brown on both sides. This happens very quickly so watch carefully. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole.
- CAN CUT RECIPE IN HALF EASILY!