Recipe by Charmie777
Fusion of Chinese and Mexican food (CHEXICAN!)...great little appetizer served with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole!!
Top Review by Ladymedic
Wonderful. Just what I have been looking for. I halved the recipe and used up all of the wonton wrapers and still had filling left over so I used small tortillas and rolled them up like cigars! I may never go back to Taco Time again, it kicked their crisp meat burrito's a**!!!! I thought they needed a little more crunch to the filling so I added 1/4c finely diced raw onion and 1/4c finely diced red pepper after the cooling stage. And i found the cheese strings kept sticking out of the wrappers so I just mixed the cheese right into the filling once it had cooled. Can't wait to see the boys reaction tonight, bringing it over to my boyfriend's brothers house for the UFC fight tonight! Thanks Charmie!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (30 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) packages wonton wrappers
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large frying pan. Drain any grease.
- Add taco seasoning and salsa. Mix well. Add water as needed to dissolve seasoning and get the right consistency.
- Add refried beans and green chiles. Mix well, and heat through; 3 or 4 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- To assemble:
- Place 1 teaspoon meat and bean mixture in center of won ton wrapper. Add small amount of cheese.
- Place wrapper with one point facing you. Wet the two edges closest to you with water.
- Fold over the far corner to the corner facing you, making a triangle. Press edges to seal.
- Continue with all wontons, keeping them covered with damp towel while you work.
- Heat oil in skillet until very hot. Add wontons a few at a time (do not crowd the skillet). Brown on both sides. This happens very quickly so watch carefully. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole.
- CAN CUT RECIPE IN HALF EASILY!