Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fusion of Chinese and Mexican food (CHEXICAN!)...great little appetizer served with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole!!
- Brown ground beef in large frying pan. Drain any grease.
- Add taco seasoning and salsa. Mix well. Add water as needed to dissolve seasoning and get the right consistency.
- Add refried beans and green chiles. Mix well, and heat through; 3 or 4 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- To assemble:
- Place 1 teaspoon meat and bean mixture in center of won ton wrapper. Add small amount of cheese.
- Place wrapper with one point facing you. Wet the two edges closest to you with water.
- Fold over the far corner to the corner facing you, making a triangle. Press edges to seal.
- Continue with all wontons, keeping them covered with damp towel while you work.
- Heat oil in skillet until very hot. Add wontons a few at a time (do not crowd the skillet). Brown on both sides. This happens very quickly so watch carefully. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole.
- CAN CUT RECIPE IN HALF EASILY!
Wonderful. Just what I have been looking for. I halved the recipe and used up all of the wonton wrapers and still had filling left over so I used small tortillas and rolled them up like cigars! I may never go back to Taco Time again, it kicked their crisp meat burrito's a**!!!! I thought they needed a little more crunch to the filling so I added 1/4c finely diced raw onion and 1/4c finely diced red pepper after the cooling stage. And i found the cheese strings kept sticking out of the wrappers so I just mixed the cheese right into the filling once it had cooled. Can't wait to see the boys reaction tonight, bringing it over to my boyfriend's brothers house for the UFC fight tonight! Thanks Charmie!
I really loved these little wonton bites. The flavors were really great. I wrapped them into more of a wonton shape and served them with salsa, sour cream and Easy Guacamole (#314831). This was part of my Mexican Fiesta night in which I also served Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas (#293349) and Cheesy Salsa Rice (#161522). Made for ZWT5.
Decided to make these into mini tacos when I worried how long the assembly/cooking would take, since I was making a double batch of these for a party. So, put the wonton skins into mini muffin cups, baked at 350 until lightly browned, added the meat/bean mixture and topped with the cheese. Back into the oven until bubbly. I swear, I have never seen anything disappear so quickly. I made them two weeks later for another party and again, they disappeared faster than anything. (I had to act quickly to get one of the last ones to taste test it for the review!) Oh, and this is without any sour cream/salsa/guacamole on the side...if I had done that, this would be 10 stars!