I created this recipe after looking at several similar recipes, and not finding exactly what I wanted. This is easy and delicious!!
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, strawberry preserves and powdered sugar until smooth.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Spread cream cheese mixture thickly on one side of one piece of bread. Top with another slice of bread. Cut in half.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Dip both sides of sandwich half in egg mixture and fry in melted butter until golden brown on both sides.
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries.
- You can also serve with maple syrup and whipped cream, if desired.