Recipe by Charmie777
I know there are a ton of sugar cookie recipes here, but I couldn't find this one, and it's my favorite! It makes a nice thick and soft sugar cookie, that's perfect for all the holidays. Frost these with your favorite vanilla frosting (I often just used the store-bought stuff...shhhhh!). Cooking time includes chilling time. I'm guessing on the amount, but I'll adjust when I make these soon!
Top Review by dnaricke
Agreed w/everyone else that the temp was too high. I even baked mine at 350 and they turned out great (my oven tends to get really hot). I also did put the remaining dough in the fridge in between batches b/c as someone else posted, the dough got soft really quick. The cookies themselves came out BIG, SOFT, DELICIOUS...PERFECT!
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine or butter with sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to butter/sugar mixture.
- Chill at least 1-1/2 hours.
- Roll on floured board to 1/2 inch think.
- Cut with desired cookie cutters.
- Bake at 400º 8-10 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.
- Cool and frost with your favorite frosting!