I can't believe in all the Snickerdoodle recipes listed here this one isn't among them. This is the best. Every time I take these somewhere, people declare these are the best snickerdoodles they have ever had! I think the trick is to not over bake...bake until just starting to crack on top!
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Stir together flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add the 2 cups sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating until well blended.
- Form dough into 1-inch (or larger) balls - dough will be sticky.
- Roll in mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on greased cooked sheet.
- Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes until light golden and just beginning to crack on top.
Absolutely delicious. I used white whole wheat flour, and they turned out fabulous. Thank you!
Yumm, great cookies! Used light cream instead of milk but otherwise followed the recipe. I used 3-4 tbls sugar and 2 ts cinnamon for rolling the cookies in - was just about the right amount for the batch! Cooked for 10 minutes to get a bit of a crunch around the edges. Thanks Charmie!
Terrific cookie! Only thing is I wish I added more to my cinnamon to my mixture so give it a little more flavor. It looked like enogh, but more would have been better. While the dough was sticky, I really didn't have too much trouble with it. Just washed my hands in between batches. I got about 4 1/2 dozen cookies. BIL has already eaten 2 dozen. I think he liked them too, LOL. Made for the Babes of ZWT4.