I can't believe in all the Snickerdoodle recipes listed here this one isn't among them. This is the best. Every time I take these somewhere, people declare these are the best snickerdoodles they have ever had! I think the trick is to not over bake...bake until just starting to crack on top!
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Stir together flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add the 2 cups sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating until well blended.
- Form dough into 1-inch (or larger) balls - dough will be sticky.
- Roll in mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on greased cooked sheet.
- Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes until light golden and just beginning to crack on top.