Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite of all the Oriental slaws out there...just a little different in the dressing than others! I have to make this for all the BBQs!
- 1 (24 ounce) packageshredded coleslaw mix
- 4 -5 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or less if you like it less sweet)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, oriental flavor
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning packets from Ramen to make dressing.
- Toast the almonds and sesame seeds in dry pan.
- Mix the cabbage, onions and ramen noodles in large bowl.
- Toss with dressing and nuts.
- Let set in fridge to meld flavors.
- NOTES: If you prefer your noodles crunchy, add right before serving.
- Toss again before serving, as the dressing settles to the bottom.
- Add chicken to make this a main dish salad.
Great recipe! I used a bag of pre-made slaw, the kind that has carrot pieces in it, but I should have paid closer attention because my bag was only 16 oz, and this recipe calls for 24 oz...so mine was quite saucy! One bit of advice...next time I will toast my almonds and sesame seeds separately. Will try to get pic up soon :)~ Thanks so much for a different and delicious salad!
I love this recipe. I substitute sunflower seeds for the sesame seeds and I toast the noodles as well. As long as you wait to add the dressing right before serving it turns out perfect every time :)
The flavors of this coleslaw were perfect! Exactly what I was looking for! I went to a picnic last week where a friend of mine served something similar and I knew I needed to learn how to make this. I added the ramen noodles right before serving to keep it crunchy. Made for ZWT6 LOONEY SPOON PHOODIES! :D