Recipe by GirlWithCats
Works well for tofu. Tofu made with this marinade can be served like you would serve sliced meat (like a roast, for example) - with baked baby carrots, potatoes, etc. Leftover tofu can be used in sandwiches, like you would use deli meat.
- 30 ml steers marinade (if you don't have Steers in your country, use any other BBQ marinade for meat)
- 15 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- spanish smoked paprika (just a very light sprinkle, the one from Woolworths is especially potent!)
- 10 ml olive oil
- 1 (400 g) package firm tofu, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together, except the tofu.
- Thinly slice the tofu.
- Pour the marinade into an oven dish, and put the tofu slices in (arranged singly, not overlapping).
- Leave the tofu to marinade for 30 to 60 minutes, then turn it over and leave the other side to marinade for another 30 to 60 minutes.
- Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 25 minutes, or until cooked.